Foster Care Program & Application
Are you looking for a way to serve your community and make a difference?
Fostering animals for Suncoast Humane Society can be a rewarding experience: you get to do something incredible for your local shelter and for an animal who needs you. The joy you will experience by opening your home and inviting a new dog or cat in is immeasurable. There are many animals at Suncoast Humane Society right now who need loving and committed volunteers to foster them for a variety of reasons.
There are kittens, cats, puppies and dogs that require human bonding, socialization, rest from medical conditions, and a quiet, safe haven until a forever home is found. Their need for a temporary home and the extra TLC is where you come into the picture. Suncoast Humane Society is searching for dedicated volunteers willing to help save animal lives by creating a foster alliance that will grow the current foster group substantially. If you have the desire to foster, and room in your home and heart, Suncoast Humane Society will provide you with education, direction, food, and medical and behavioral assistance. Volunteer fosters support the foster program by:
- Being committed to the overall mission of Suncoast Humane Society and the task of fostering an animal
- Being readily available for fostering an animal on short notice
- Being in communication with staff regularly throughout the duration of fostering the animal
- Being knowledgeable and willing to learn about taking care of an animal with special needs
- Being able to love and care for the animal, and able to let go when it is time
- If you decide to adopt your fostered pet, we will help you through this too!
Suncoast Humane Society’s current foster program has been very successful. Fosters have performed above and beyond expectations, and they mean so much to the success of the mission of reducing the number of homeless animals in our community. It’s extremely useful for fosters to learn the animals’ personalities, emotional and physical needs, and any potential anxieties. This information provides crucial knowledge for both the potential adopters and for the adoption specialists in their efforts to find the best possible forever family and home for the animals.
Are you ready to be their HERO?
Your application will be reviewed, and we will do our best to find an animal who could be a great match for your lifestyle and availability. You will be contacted when a potential match is found.