Sign Up Now! Suncoast Humane Society’s Virtual Dog Training with Jeff Joyce
Virtual Dog Training with Suncoast Humane Society Sr. Animal Behaviorist, Jeff Joyce
Does this sound like you with your dog?
“I wish my dog would stop jumping on people; stop being mouthy or nippy; not pull on the leash; not be a ‘trash hound’; come when I call; listen to me; and understand basic commands”
The days of demanding obedience and teaching parlor tricks to our canine best friends are gone. Today, dogs are viewed as family members, nannies, and adventure buddies, so dog training is transforming. We want to learn why they do what they do and how they feel, not just comply with what we want them to do.
We offer virtual, Zoom-based lessons every Saturday at 3pm, which are 30 minutes in length, with our Sr. Animal Behaviorist, Jeff Joyce. The cost of each lesson is $10. You’ll be learning something new each week – no need to worry about a prior lesson being missed or not being able to attend the following week.
We also offer virtual one-on-one sessions with Jeff Joyce that will help dog owners form a stronger bond with their pets, resulting in improved behavior. These individualized sessions are 1 hour in length for $20.
Also available is an on-demand, pre-recorded webinar titled ‘Canine Essential Behaviors’ that you can sign up for and watch at your convenience.
Benefits of forming a better connection with your pet:
- Positive reinforcement and constructive guidance promotes trust, loyalty and companionship.
- You will build a unique language between you and your dog.
- You will be able to recognize certain behaviors and actions, and reassure your pet with appropriate and result-driven cues such as sit, stay, watch and more.
- Your dog will feel heard, and in return, will follow your guidance to be a good dog and to make you happy.
- Communication increases sociability and boosts the dog’s confidence in environments outside of your home.
- Behavioral training teaches your dog important life skills, such as: how to live in a home environment and get along with other humans or animals in the home. It also teaches you different ways you can enrich their lives through mental and physical exercises.
We also offer “Foster Support” – a virtual one-on-one session with Jeff Joyce, for those who are currently fostering SHS animal(s). These sessions are a way of offering support to those experiencing behavioral issues in the home setting. Foster Support sessions are offered free of charge and all fosters are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to learn and help their pets get settled in. This option can be discussed with either Jeff Joyce or our Foster Coordinator, Fatime Duka (email@example.com).
For further details about any of these options, please contact Kelly Nazario at firstname.lastname@example.org.